Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Transmissions From Mars: Wherein Mars Joins a Kult.

So I was working on Bad Moonz when last I posted. Since then, I have decided that I don't want to do that anymore. I wasn't unhappy with the way they were turning out. They just weren't getting me all reved up. I need some severe reving, because there is a lot of army to paint. So in the spirit of reving, the reving of engines has served as an orkish, siren's call.


 From Stuff I Have Painted: Orks
From Stuff I Have Painted: Orks
From Stuff I Have Painted: Orks

After the test model, I think I want to go all in. I feel like I can get a lot of the contrast that the Bad Moonz were getting with this new scheme use of red and green. And if I really need to draw attention, the black and white checker pattern can do the trick. The plan, for now, is to finish up eleven more boyz and truk before "going all in". But so far I am feeling pretty good about it. I don't think I will switch to the Evil Sunz klan. I will shoot for a more generic red-lovin' group of like minded individuals, with a platform based on going fast and bashing things in 2012.

Thanks for reading,
T

2 comments:

  1. Really got revved up at the small details that you included in your painting. THe arrow on the chainsword to the checkers on the slugga. Of course the skin has been given a some attention in the way of depth and shading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much HOTPanda. I was having some trouble finding just generic ork glyphs, but google set me straight.

    ReplyDelete