Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Transmission from Mars: Alaitoc Rangers +

From Stuff I Have Painted: Eldar/Dark Eldar
Finished up a squad of Alaitoc Rangers yesterday. For those of you that are keeping track...these are not orks either. They didn't actually come out at all how I thought they would, which can also be said about the photography for them... The camo pattern worked way better in my head,and while I still like it, it isn't what I expected. I used the browns and purples to tie them into the base, however I was trying to keep them lighter in tone in order to contrast with the forth-coming Pathfinder squad, which I intend to be quite dark.



From Stuff I Have Painted: Eldar/Dark Eldar
From Stuff I Have Painted: Eldar/Dark Eldar

Another thing, camo related, is that the high lighting is wonkey because I was trying to highlight the garment uniformily. It is extremely loud in the the dark patches, and then disrupted by the purple. I think going forward I will just highlight the garment, then paint the pattern. This will "flatten out" some areas of the model since the pattern will go over some of the highlights, but I think it will look less disruptive than what I have going right now. Though I am always looking for advice, so if someone has any other idea lay them on me.

This weekend myself and the following cast of characters all travled to Richland, WA for a tournament:
From Mars' Project Blog
From Mars' Project Blog
From Mars' Project Blog

I took a shot of the outside of the venue, because it made laugh.
From Mars' Project Blog

My tournament run down will defer to age old axiom of, "If you can't say something nice..." However I had an amazingly fun game with a cat out of Portland who guys by Fed. If you ever you get chance to play with him, you lucked out. He was funny, agreeable, and super cool, despite having the Raganrok of hangovers.
From Mars' Project Blog

All in all, I placed in the basement, pretty sure I was last actually. Warmaster Matt took third. And Magnus, of the often linked by me Magnus' Project Log won the whole shebang. Well done Mags! Always nice to see a well played and beautifuly painted army take the day.

Thanks for reading,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment